Aidan and Will do one for the community
Aidan and Will accompanied me to a protest Saturday morning. We were protesting plans to put a gas station in the Smith's (at 9th and 9th) parking lot. The kids spent almost three hours with me on a grassy parking strip and sidewalk on a busy intersection. Aidan played with the other kids, and when he got tired, I had a little chair for him (courtesy of Sarah, from two years ago) that he could sit in and play his gameboy. He had an unlimited supply of juice boxes. He also found a little ladybug to be his pet, and was an instant hit with the other kids that were there. Aidan said he loved going to the protest "I had so much fun, I forgot to play my gameboy the whole time".
As for William, I sat him in his stroller with a nice view of us signs. I fed him a constant stream of doughnut holes. He was a happy camper. I think they are both looking forward to our next protest in April.
The news was there. Here is the link. Unfortunately, every single shot the camera took, Aidan, Will and I were just outside the view of the camera. But we were there. Aidan can tell you.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=178261
As for William, I sat him in his stroller with a nice view of us signs. I fed him a constant stream of doughnut holes. He was a happy camper. I think they are both looking forward to our next protest in April.
The news was there. Here is the link. Unfortunately, every single shot the camera took, Aidan, Will and I were just outside the view of the camera. But we were there. Aidan can tell you.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=178261

3 Comments:
heh heh heh, I think I originally gave that chair to you before realizing it was a kids chair. this sounds like it was great family bonding, loved the sum-up!
I guess taking a picture of your kids at the event would have taken away from the potency of your message. I still would've liked to see one.
yeah, that's what happens when you rely on the newsmedia to document family events. sigh. we'll get a photo at the next one!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home