Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Saturday- flea market, times square, then home

I was very excited to go to the Chelsea flea market today, as it is something of a legend among collectors and designers. There is an antiques district, but the main event is the ad-hoc market and it's "annex" which is in an empty lot down the street, which are the latter photos in this section.

















Blurry photo of Chelsea flea market entrance.

The chelsea flea market is a parking garage that is two stories high, filled with people at folding tables with hundreds of things spread out. There is no air conditioning, and it is very non-glamorous, despite the fact that supermodels and celebrities are reported to shop there. On this sweltering Saturday, no supermodels or celebrities were to be seen. I came away with a wooden mini lawn bowling set for $45. I didn't take a photo, unfortunately, and wish I had snapped a shot of John and I lugging it across town in order to ship it back home fed-ex. I'll post a photo of the set when I get it. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home