Tuesday, September 29, 2009

uggh

I am apalled by how the right wing media is behaving. If Fox news keeps up their hysterical reporting, people are going to get killed. It is easy to appeal to peoples' anger and lack of critical thinking. My mind immediately goes to the warnings in scripture about 'secret combinations'. Funny, most right wingers seem to think that the Obama administration is a secret combination. Meanwhile, these same right wingers are being milked for money and emotions by a greedy news corporation who clearly understands exactly how much wealth (and in the case of their commentators, fame) they are going to win by being as maniacal and idiotic as humanly possible. If this is how it's going to be from here on out, I'm not interested in being an American anymore. Maybe I'll say that on a chat board and see how many death threats I get. Now that's American.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

I feel like there must be some way I can make sure the public health insurance option happens. It's really creepy how battered it has been, obviously by Fox News et al, but also there are Democratic senators who you would think would be standing up for it more. Fox News has reached epic badness, and I'm predicting that within 3 years one of Beck, O'Reilly, and Hannity will no longer be able to support a prime-time show because the whole thing has to collapse on itself at some point.

10:26 PM  
Blogger mnlop said...

What concerns me most is the general disregard for any kind of intellectual discourse coming from their commentators (Fox news commentators, that is). They are just idiotic in their approach, all the yelling, the blaming, the name calling. Most statements from Beck and Hannity are meant only to incite deep anger. And in our country, anger seems to easily translate into violence. I'm bracing myself for something really bad to happen as a result of this maniac approach. And what's up with Beck being LDS? How embarassing.

3:05 AM  
Blogger mom said...

Yeah, I already had a fear of someone being very tempted to try going after the president because of the momentousness of the election ---- it's just the height of irresponsibility for any national news source to pursue Fox's ranting tactics. Wish we could vote them out of office.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home