Disclaimer: please don't copy these to Facebook. Sorry to be a scrooge - just would feel weird having my kids' stuff out there.

This room was a collaboration - thanks mom for the DI stuff (trunks for $15!), thanks Sprouls for the bedspreads, snitch, hats, Sorting Hat, and brooms!
Thanks surplus sale for desks for $1 each!
The room was surprisingly inexpensive, due to the fact that so many of the items were either gifts (thanks again, Sproul granparents!) or thrifty finds. The biggest expense was the rug which was pretty cheap as rugs go (thanks, IKEA). WalMart had very inexpensive drapes for $9 a set (some day I'll iron them) . The murals were just labor, and materials used were things I already had. John painted in here with paint we already had. The shelves I picked up at DI for a couple of bucks. The funny table was a DI find plus spraypaint. We already had the globes.The internet gave us the banner ($11).
I never thought I would be interested in creating a theme room, but since it was something I also loved, I found it quite enjoyable.


4 Comments:
Merry Christmas! The room looks Awesome! Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wow, it looks amazing! Those murals are a treasure! If copyright wasn't an issue Harry Potter fans everywhere would all want a copy, but your guys happily have originals for life!
Coolest parents *ever*.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home