After the Jewish Museum, John was extraordinarily hungry, and we had to find food, fast. Of course, on Madison Avenue, fast food is not fast food. We ended up at what looked like a simple cafe on the outside, but was quite a nice little neighborhood restaurant which obviously was used to serving very, very wealthy people. I didn't have the guts to bring out the ol' camera while we were in there, the staff was nice enough to us that we felt comfortable, although the waiter rearranged my food and plates, moving my water glass back over the water ring that it had left on the paper tablecloth. They 'napkined' john ( he forgot to put his napkin on his lap, and voila, they did it for him!) But it was the best food I've had in a long time. I had the italian meatloaf, and john had fish, I think. Delicious!
It is called Caffe Grazie, and the website is here:
http://www.caffegrazie.com/index2.htm
This is a shot down Madison Avenue after we left the restaurant. The upper East Side, just a few small blocks relative to the rest of the city, is the only place in NY without slime on the sidewalks.
It is called Caffe Grazie, and the website is here:
http://www.caffegrazie.com/index2.htm
This is a shot down Madison Avenue after we left the restaurant. The upper East Side, just a few small blocks relative to the rest of the city, is the only place in NY without slime on the sidewalks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home