Monday, January 29, 2007















Aidan in his part of the studio















Looking toward the south - the window and door were the old garage bays.















The lights are full-spectrum fluorescents recessed into the ceiling. We also have light from standard light bulb fixtures on track lights. The full-spectrum lights completely mimic the feel of light pouring in from a skylight. When I first saw them on after the electricians had finished, I went running in thinking there were holes in the roof!















This is the storage area for John's paintings, with the bathroom door behind it.Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Even from the photos, I thought those were skylights at first as well. What will Aidan and Will's friends think when they invite them to come over to their studio space?

3:47 PM  
Blogger ewesa said...

I love it! it looks great! you guys did such a good job!!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Firefighter/Paramedic said...

Oh wow!! I know that one generally wouldn't use the terms warm and inviting for a converted garage in the middle of winter, but it really does feel warm and inviting to me. It's perfect.

-Katie

12:29 PM  
Blogger mnlop said...

the studio is actually warmer, and more energy-efficent, than our house!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Feed said...

Utah on the outside, California on the inside...

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home