An interesting article, politics aren't really the issue in me posting this. I grew up in a largely selfish generation, something that I notice more and more these days. Personal happiness still precedes caring about the big picture for many in this generation, as evidenced in many of the comments in this article. Of course, I know a great deal of people from my generation who are humane, kind, devoted, and giving. I think it was being a part of "alternative culture" that accounted for the selfish aspects. Really, do people in their mid-40's still need to be proud of being "alternative?" I see many parents from my generation trying to promote their own ideas of coolness to their little kids. So stupid. I like the generation after mine's attitude more, I've noticed it in the younger gen-x's, and those who came of age after the selfish 80's and early 90's. In general they as a whole seem to have a much more relaxed and less self-conscious attitude, more focused on just being whoever they are.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/fashion/paul-ryan-a-wake-up-call-for-gen-xers-cultural-studies.html?adxnnl=1&ref=fashion&adxnnlx=1345896026-w2o/wg8Ru14I2HGbDVfbQQ
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/fashion/paul-ryan-a-wake-up-call-for-gen-xers-cultural-studies.html?adxnnl=1&ref=fashion&adxnnlx=1345896026-w2o/wg8Ru14I2HGbDVfbQQ

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home