I have often wondered how I would act/react if someone tried to break into the house now that I'm on my own and have the responsibility of protecting the children (since they are here most nights). I put a phone in my bedroom. I don't want any guns in the house, but what do I do, grab the nearest vase and throw it? I think the best protection I've got is Trixie the dog (for now) though she's been acting really badly lately and may have to go back to the humane society. I think living on a busy corner is actually a good thing - the restaurant next door is open late every night, and there are lots of street lights and passing cars. I don't know, there are so many things to get used to when you are a woman living alone.

2 Comments:
I worry about these things too, since I'm often on my own with the kids for days in a row. I think we are eventually going to get an alarm system. There's a cop that lives next door, so that helps! A suggestion I've heard is to have your key fob for the car next to you, so that you can activate the car alarm if needed (assuming that you have a key-activated alarm, and that the fob is close enough to activate it!) Also, my cop neighbor suggested leaving outside lights on all night.
That is some excellent advice. I was going to put in a low voltage lighting system this summer, and now I have a really good reason for it. I'll do that with my car keys - I have started parking the car out front, so the alarm going off would definitely attract attention!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home