Should I do this to the front of my house?
I know the graphic looks creepy, but I wasn't feeling very high tech about it. Basically, bamboo in planters along the front replacing bushes and a deck that we've been meaning to put over the porch for a while. All the wood would be stained a yellow/orangeish color. Any thoughts?
'
Here's what it looks like currently.
'
Here's what it looks like currently.

4 Comments:
I think it looks great! I love deep porches like that. Very inviting. The existing porch is more of a scary ledge.
I agree about deep porches and I like what you've done, though I'm not certain that it would add enough benefit for you guys to do it since I would bet you wouldn't spend much time out front. All my yard ideas tend to focus on grass, large bushes, and trees - easy to install and maintain, great definers of space! But it does look great, and I'm especially saddened that you didn't even have to use Silo to make fancy 3D graphics, I'm out of a job.
I'd totally vote for more porch. for some reason, that porch just screams "sit on me and play jacks". weird, huh? but I think kids would dig it. especially girl kids, they like jacks. maybe it will win aidan friends and influence kindergarteners.
I particularly like the little walkway on the left in wood with bamboo next to it, for some reason. I think I'd hang out there a lot as a kid. The whole thing feels slightly Asian to me, which I'm a sucker for.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home