Thursday, September 14, 2006

Whole Foods coming to SLC!

They're reportedly finalizing their site this fall - for those of you who live within earshot of whole foods -- go! They have the best to-go food ever. I am so proud that Salt Lake is growing up to be such a 'big' city.

In other news, reportedly the person who bought the polygamist market across the street has plans for high-end retail. Also, my neighbor who owns the old Dairy Queen building just to the south of us appealing to the city to build something fabulous, so I am going to go speak in favor of his project down at city hall on monday night. Our little corner could become quite hip. I'll have to start watering my front lawn :)

3 Comments:

Blogger ewesa said...

oooh I can't wait to go high-end shopping right next door! that could be bad, heh. :) have you been reading any of the fashion week reviews? I've been reading http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/ it's kinda fun.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Was this the neighbor who complained about your unpermitted studio extension? Someone there needs to build a fabulous recording studio edifice in their back yard and the sell the house to us for cheap so I can have a place to play. One room is sectioned off at the moment for that purpose but it doesn't see much use with the 9-to-5 getting in the way. I sounds rather small, although not in a bad way (which is good). If only California had Utah's housing prices. Which has me wondering -- are y'all seeing a downturn in house prices out there, or are things still on the up-and-up? Prices in some parts of L.A. have dropped pretty hard (or so I hear) in the last few months. I'm curious to know the extent of this and whether it's affected the outlying areas yet.

4:53 PM  
Blogger mnlop said...

nope - this was a friendly neighbor who owns the business across the street and greatly supported us putting a studio in. Our housing market has skyrocketed - Utah's always the last to feel a trend. Our house has doubled in value. But when Utah falls, it falls hard!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home