Saturday, June 14, 2008

why I like my neighborhood

Two weeks ago, I was mowing the front lawn. From about a block down the street, I saw three of the neighborhood ten year old girls, running down the sidewalk, jumping up and down, waving their arms and screaming. The lawnmower of course was very loud, so I couldn't actually hear them. Ah, I remembered running around the neighborhood,at that age, being spastic with my friends. It's just one of those pre-teen things. They're probably talking about boys. Aww, cute lil' tweens. So they get to the sidewalk just in front of my house, and stop running, but they're still jumping up and down waving their arms at me. I turn off the lawnmower, and suddenly I can hear them: "go barack! go barack! wahoooo!!" Obama had just won the nomination. These girls were ecstatic. Boys? Forget it. You have to win the democratic nomination to get these girls' attention.
Go Barack! (John and I shall pine for Hillary still, but onward, ho!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

That is funny! I don't think I was interested in politics until
...wait, they barely interest me now.
But I certainly wasn't that concerned with primaries until I could vote. Good for them!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

As a former hardened Edwardsite I can say that the Obama side of the tracks is a fine place to live. Anyone who can inspire a gaggle of ten-year-olds to celebrate the winning of a primary election is worthy of being President.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home