24 hour vacation
In this case, it was one night at the Homestead Resort in Midway, Utah on a Monday night when Aidan had school off the next day. Remember going there as kids? It looks exactly the same, except now it is much more expensive and has a day spa. Because we went on an off-night I bargained free breakfast in the morning, which turned out to be very delicious. Instead of the usual hotel continental breakfast, this one was served in a restaurant, and we each got to choose anything from the menu. I had the house omlette with shrimp.
We checked in at 6 pm Monday night after dinner and immediately hit the pool. As you can see, William was outfitted to be very buoyant.
Our room was in the bunkhouse, which means a long room with two queen beds, and then a little closet room (although it felt much bigger than a closet) containing bunkbeds. I think the bunkbeds rivaled the pool.
Surprisingly, Midway also boasts what is considered one of the best Mexican restaurants in the state, and it's cheap. The salsa bar had at least 20 offerings. It's called Tarahumara. www.tarahumara.biz
The riskiest aspect of our trip involved going in spite of the fact that 12 inches of snow was supposed to dump on us overnight. We ended up with about 8 inches.
But the upside of going on a Monday night in the midst of a blizzard was having the place mostly to ourselves. Between the trips to the pool and the hottub, and an extravagant breakfast, I felt I had a proper vacation.
After checkout, we went to the Midway fast food joint famous for it's model train. I can't remember the name of it, but everyone goes there. I didn't have my camera, but my favorite part about that was that everyone working in the place looked like either a grandma or a great-grandma. And they were surly! They had a great train diorama of the station and Hogwarts castle from Harry Potter. I just finished book 5 of Harry Potter, and enjoyed the train as much as Aidan and Will. I'll have to write my Harry Potter post separately, needless to say I find it a compelling tale and am glad there is such a tale for young boys to hear.
We checked in at 6 pm Monday night after dinner and immediately hit the pool. As you can see, William was outfitted to be very buoyant.
Our room was in the bunkhouse, which means a long room with two queen beds, and then a little closet room (although it felt much bigger than a closet) containing bunkbeds. I think the bunkbeds rivaled the pool.
Surprisingly, Midway also boasts what is considered one of the best Mexican restaurants in the state, and it's cheap. The salsa bar had at least 20 offerings. It's called Tarahumara. www.tarahumara.biz
The riskiest aspect of our trip involved going in spite of the fact that 12 inches of snow was supposed to dump on us overnight. We ended up with about 8 inches.
But the upside of going on a Monday night in the midst of a blizzard was having the place mostly to ourselves. Between the trips to the pool and the hottub, and an extravagant breakfast, I felt I had a proper vacation.
After checkout, we went to the Midway fast food joint famous for it's model train. I can't remember the name of it, but everyone goes there. I didn't have my camera, but my favorite part about that was that everyone working in the place looked like either a grandma or a great-grandma. And they were surly! They had a great train diorama of the station and Hogwarts castle from Harry Potter. I just finished book 5 of Harry Potter, and enjoyed the train as much as Aidan and Will. I'll have to write my Harry Potter post separately, needless to say I find it a compelling tale and am glad there is such a tale for young boys to hear.


1 Comments:
I forgot to ask you about this trip at tea the other day, so thank you for posting about it! It looks like everyone had fun, and it's cool to hear about our old vacation spot. I remember that the different room names sounded so exotic, like "The Bunkhouse", that added a little extra excitement that wouldn't have been there if it was just called "Two doubles and a bunkbed".
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home